Grab a Badge
Get a Whiter, Brighter Smile for Your Walk Down the Aisle
By L. K. on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:00 am in
On your wedding day, you’ll be smiling from sunup to sundown, and every flash of those teeth will be captured on camera, so a dazzling grin that sparkles from every angle likely tops your list of big-day beauty priorities. If your pearly whites have lost their luster, get them gleaming in time for your walk down the aisle with these simple tips, tricks, and secret weapons.
By far the best brightening tool in this varied arsenal is Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrips Supreme FlexFit, which comfortably whiten teeth as effectively as a $500 professional whitening treatment. All of our readers are currently being treated to $2 off any Crest purchase, and one lucky reader will win a box of coveted Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrips Supreme FlexFit, the most advanced whitening strips on the market. Enter the giveaway below, and leave a comment sharing some of your own secrets for a scintillating smile!
1. High-quality whitening strips are the quickest, most effective route to a mega-watt smile at home. But all are not created equal. The formula and fit factor into how well strips work. We’re faithful fans of Crest’s array of whitening products, and we recommend Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrips Supreme FlexFit for fast, dramatic brightening. The strips mold to the shape of your teeth and really stay put, so you can even talk or drink water while wearing them. The snug fit reduces the risks of gum irritation and uneven whitening. There’s no goopy residue left behind, and unlike some other whitening agents, the ingredients won’t damage your enamel.
2. You might be surprised to learn that a simple straw can help you maintain a newly whitened smile just by reducing your teeth’s exposure to staining liquids. We’re partial to these playfully stylish, eco-friendly straws. Made out of paper and printed with soy-based inks, they’re biodegradable and compostable.
3. An apple a day keeps both the doctor and the dentist away! Apples—green ones, especially—contain a high amount of malic acid, a stain-dissolving enzyme that brightens teeth and also increases the production of saliva, which plays an important role in maintaining oral and dental health. If you can’t brush between meals, sip water and nosh on apple slices, strawberries (also rich in malic acid), or crunchy veggies like cauliflower and carrots, which act as nature’s toothbrushes, gently scrubbing the teeth to keep them clean and white.
4. Fake it until you make it! Creating the illusion of a more luminous smile can be as simple as selecting the right lip color. Rich berry shades with blue undertones give the appearance of whiter teeth, as the bluish hues counteract the yellow in enamel. Splurge on Paul & Joe’s creamy full-coverage lipstick in “Avenue Montaigne,” a timeless bordeaux color, or save on Rimmel’s Moisture Renew Lipstick in “Violet Pop,” a vibrant color reminiscent of crushed blackberries. Stay away from coralescent colors and tomatoey reds; the orange and yellow notes will make your teeth look duller and yellower.
5. Your lips aren’t the only things that benefit from a high-sheen gloss! Top your lipstick with this subtly blue-tinted shine enhancer to make your pearlies appear pearlier.
6. Keep stains at bay with this sugar-free gum, which cleans, whitens, protects, and inhibits cavities.
7. Activated charcoal, which is highly adsorptive and essentially acts like a magnet in the presence of certain undesirable compounds, has been a part of beauty regimens since Cleopatra’s time. While it spares tooth enamel, it soaks up tannins (the dreaded stain-inducing substance found abundantly in coffee, tea, red wine, and pomegranate juice) like a sponge. As an added bonus, it balances the mouth’s pH levels. This all-natural, handmade toothpaste contains activated charcoal, as well as essential oils and organic coconut oil.
Simply log into Facebook or use your e-mail address to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Sharing is Happiness
You Might Also Like
Amazing Moments with Dove
Riley & Grey: Fresh, Functional Wedding Websites for Modern Couples
Appy Couple: A Stylish and Social Wedding Website and App
What's Being Said
Karin Shaim , Jul 5, 2014 at 12:44 pm
I brush my teeth after eating sweets
Sara Weber, Jul 5, 2014 at 12:21 pm
My secrets to a white smile are flossing & brushing with a whitening toothpaste twice daily, visiting my dental hygienist every 6 months, and whitening with Crest White Stripes when I need to!
Tan Zi Hui , Jul 5, 2014 at 9:26 am
I will rinse my mouth after every meal. I will also rinse with hydrogen peroxide+water every 2 days
rosemary, Jul 4, 2014 at 8:00 pm
melanie huttner, Jul 4, 2014 at 5:47 pm
I've been swishing with coconut oil and I've been seeing results!
Nikolina, Jul 4, 2014 at 11:10 am
I use sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) twice a month to keep them white :)
MelodyJ, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:51 pm
Eat Apples. It's a natural brighter.
doreen lamoureujx, Jul 3, 2014 at 8:40 am
I occasionally Oil Pull. I use sesame seed oil.
Dessyslava Ionova, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:12 am
I don't really have such secrets. I use a special toothpaste and toothbrush, but that's about it.. :/
Moran Shaham Levy, Jul 3, 2014 at 3:48 am
I visit my dental hygienist on a regular basis (every 6 months)
Ana, Jul 3, 2014 at 3:30 am
mostly lemon,somethimes soda
Gemma, Jul 2, 2014 at 8:56 pm
Brush after every food
Mandi Bridgeman, Jul 2, 2014 at 5:00 pm
I brush after drinking dark liquids!
MNC, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:52 pm
I hope I win for the sake of my pearly whites!
Megan , Jul 2, 2014 at 11:48 am
This was such a great read :)
Laura Kathleen, Jul 2, 2014 at 9:41 am
I use whitening toothpaste for 3 minutes in the morning and night and try to avoid red wine, coffee, and sodas if I want a whiter smile!
Anna H., Jul 1, 2014 at 10:20 pm
I floss after every meal.
Kat Savage, Jul 1, 2014 at 9:44 pm
I'm so awful; I drink way too much coffee and need that bright white wedding smile!
Imarys, Jul 1, 2014 at 6:48 pm
coffee and soda can really stain your teeth these white strips would be great1
Kate, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:41 pm
I brush with baking soda based toothpaste!
Jennifer Cruz, Jul 1, 2014 at 11:30 am
coffee with a straw lol
Leslie, Jul 1, 2014 at 9:11 am
Brushing with a combo of baking soda (sometimes I add lemon or lime zest)
I also really like the Charcoal results but it looks gross!
Veronica, Jul 1, 2014 at 1:04 am
I always floss and use a whitening toothpaste.
Gabby , Jun 30, 2014 at 10:53 pm
I use a bit of baking soda in my toothpaste and avoid high acid foods to protect the enamel on the teeth.
Carly S., Jun 28, 2014 at 5:34 pm
I avoid soda at all costs!
April, Jun 28, 2014 at 4:09 am
My secret to having a whiter smile is to wear cool toned / blue based shades of lipstick.
Natalie Brown, Jun 28, 2014 at 3:24 am
Hello! I find that using a toothpaste with peroxide in it helps quite a bit. Thanks!
Melissa Mazzur, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:10 pm
I use lemons on my teeth
Darlene Carbajal, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:15 am
Brush after every meal!
Lloyd George Mossey, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:14 am
I brush with baking soda. Its something my mom taught me as a child.
Starla B, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:32 pm
This sound wonderful. Baking soda and peroxide are a must for whiter teeth!
Tyler, Jun 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm
I brush with baking soda and peroxide.
Stacey Kostich, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:59 am
I have heard to mix baking soda with your toothpaste
Colleen Boudreau, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:39 am
I brush with baking soda.
Anna, Jun 25, 2014 at 9:34 pm
I try to avoid coffee and tea whenever I can.
Natalie, Jun 25, 2014 at 8:10 pm
I floss once a day and brush twice a day and use mouthwash daily.
Kassie Brown, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:26 pm
I mix baking soda and lemon juice and brush it on my teeth,
Bailey Dexter, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:21 pm
I try to brush after haveing wine or coffee....
beth, Jun 25, 2014 at 2:02 pm
I don't drink tea or coffee
Holly Wright, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:39 pm
Not drinking coffee, and making sure to brush 3 times a day!
Marci Wright, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:58 am
Brushing with baking soda.. my mom told me to do that when i was a kid.
Natasha, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:42 am
I'm a big tea drinker, and I think I'm in need of these strips.
Karen Langan, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:36 am
Baking soda mixed into my toothpaste!
Judith Carlow, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:40 pm
Would love to win this!
Bridgett Wilbur, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:21 am
I really need this. I hate to wear bright lipstick because my teeth aren't white enough
Sara, Jun 24, 2014 at 6:39 am
I could totally use these - been drinking too much coffee lately!
pu ye, Jun 24, 2014 at 2:28 am
I rinse my mouth after drinking soft drinks, coffee, or anythimg else that will stain
Danielle Dann, Jun 23, 2014 at 6:20 pm
The photography for this ad was marvelous. Who does the design work?
Jordan, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:15 am
I try to stay away from sodas to keep my smile bright and white...I find that over time things like coke will affect the enamel of my teeth. No go! I prefer water or crystal light AND you don't pack on the extra calories!
clare tea, Jun 23, 2014 at 9:59 am
I rinse my mouth after drinking soft drinks, coffee, or anythimg else that will stain.
Leave Your Comment!
Comments are welcomed and encouraged, but please be thoughtful and courteous. As the old adage goes, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. We reserve the right to edit or remove comments that violate the spirit of these guidelines, including comments that we deem to be offensive, off-topic, self-promoting, or spammy. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.
Database error: invalid query
Swooned by Country & Region
U.S. Virgin Islands
Uprooted: A Modern Bridal Fash...
Marigold Mood: A Darkly Chic H...
Letting Go: A Moody and Playfu...
Something Old, Something New: ...
Whiffs of Provence in Michigan...
DIY Acrylic and Pompom Escort ...
DIY Color-Splattered Hot Choco...
Love Like a Symphony: A Musica...
Threads of Love: A Colorful, P...
Haute in Hill Country: Cutting...
Love and Letters
© 2016 Swooned. All rights reserveD.
Site design by One Plus One